|Pricing||Free member||Forever member Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
|Pelvic Floor: Foundation for Support||$29||$19 Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
This workshop offers 3 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement. Details.)
The Pelvis: the Ilium and the The Sacrum
The pelvis is made up of 2 bones; the ilium and the sacrum. The way in which we organize and stabilize the pelvis can affect the entire body. Poor mechanics of the pelvis can influence the entire body including the neck, shoulders, spine hip, knee and foot.
This workshop offers teachers a step-by-step understanding of the anatomy of the pelvis, pelvic floor and dynamic stability through Pilates exercises and functional movement such as gait.
Over her years of teaching, Lesley has received many questions from Pilates teachers asking how to teach the use of the pelvic floor. This workshop answers all of these questions by covering a myriad of imagery techniques and exercises ranging from the simple to the complex.
Please note that the work contained in this workshop should never be taught in one lesson and that the use of this information depends on the learning curve of your client.
- Learn how the Pelvis (the ilium and sacrum) are important for back care and other injuries
- Learn to improve how clients use their pelvis and sacrum in order to improve the use of the core
- Learn to improve your client's standing and gait
Concepts & Techniques
- Building better foundations of pelvic movements and floor
- How your clients neurological patterns prevent good function of the pelvis and posture
- How to use Pilates equipment to build foundations
- Understanding the coordination of Pelvis and Sacrum in closed chain exercises.
- How the Pelvis and Sacrum influence standing
- Assessment of client’s posture and the influence of it in gait
Props & Equipment Used
Duration & Access
This workshop is approximately 1 hour long and you have 30 days of access.
(No expiration for Forever Access Members)