If you’ve already purchased this content, get started using the sidebar to the left. Enjoy!
|Pricing||Free member||Forever member Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
|Posterior Lateral Hip Workshop||$29||$19 Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
This workshop offers 3 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement. Details.)
Posterior Lateral Hip Muscles: The Importance of these Muscles for Balance and Function
Good function of your posterior lateral hip muscles can affect how you stand, your alignment and ease of motion. This workshop will explore the anatomy of the muscles of the hips and legs, how to train correctly and how the training/feeling changes when you stand.
- Gain inspiration in improving client’s function, balance and injury prevention
- Learn how the Posterior lateral Hip muscles are important for back and knee care
- Learn how to improve your client's posterior lateral hips and how they use their core.
- Learn how to improve standing and gait
Concepts & Techniques
- Assessment of client’s posture and the influence of the posterior leg and hip muscles
- Anatomy of the Posterior Lateral Hips and how they are important for good alignment of the legs and spine.
- Building better foundations of gluteals, hamstrings, rotators and use of feet.
- How your clients neurological patterns prevent good function of legs and posture
- How to use Pilates equipment to build foundations
- Understanding the coordination of Posterior lateral hip muscles in closed chain exercises.
- How the posterior lateral hip muscles influence standing and walking
- Training these muscles in standing using Pilates equipment.
Props & Equipment Used
Duration & Access
This workshop is approximately 1 hours; long and you have 30 days of access.
(No expiration for Forever Access Members)