|Pricing||Free member||Forever member Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
|Mat Strengthening||$59||$39 Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
This workshop offers 4 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement. Details.)
Madeline Black teaches her concepts of whole body support with optimal alignment created and reinforced by gravity which will create freedom of movement. Learn how the myo-fascia core and diaphragmatic systems help to organize healthy movement patterns for strength.
Observe Madeline teaching a first time client how to connect into herself to find the coordination of engagement for whole body integration.
The workshop begins with an explanation of the anatomy, alignment, and movement mechanics. Then we progress into challenging non-apparatus exercises. Watching Madeline work one on one with a client gives you specific cueing and language of guiding a client into learning new movement skills. The workshop ends by adding challenging movement exercises which build on the previous lessons.
- Develop strength through alignment, breath, & activation of an integrated core
- Create a somatic & sensory learning experience
- Learn how successful core engagement occurs
- Witness a new client learn to self correct her body for whole body engagement
- Learn cues in action, what works and what does not work
Concepts & Techniques
- Whole body support with optimal alignment reinforced by gravity for freedom of movement
- Alignment through diaphragm relationships in all planes
- Breathing and core engagement
- Spine as a whole structure in movement Real time work on an inexperienced client
Props & Equipment Used
- Small Props
- Parasetter® or Foam Roller
Duration & Access
This workshop is approximately 2.5 hours long and you have 30 days of access.
(No expiration for Forever Access Members)