|Pricing||Free member||Forever member Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
|Pilates Deconstructed™: Undulations and Innovations||$39||$29 Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
This workshop offers 3 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement. Details.)
DescriptionAlmost all our daily tasks require holding our spine in a static, compressed position: whether it’s driving, sitting in front of the computer, standing and even sleeping! But yet our whole body craves movement. While the semicircle exercise on the reformer is an excellent forum for increasing mobility and stability in the spine, if you’re an instructor of mixed-level group reformer classes, you already know how difficult it is to teach this exercise. This workshop will teach you creative corrective exercises that establish the neuromuscular connections needed to safely teach and practice semicircle. Prepare to embark on a joint-by-joint adventure that playfully challenges you to map your body from the inside out. As an instructor, you will discover your own spinal blind spots and weak links and understand how to help your students uncover their own. Leave with the tools to nurture and strengthen your spine from the inside out and help your students do the same
- Gain a deeper understanding of the component parts of the semicircle exercise.
- Observe Trina teach how deconstruction patterns can become a framework for embodied knowledge.
- Learn breathing techniques and sensory feedback methods that facilitate awareness of the spine and pelvis.
- Help your students advance safely in a group reformer class while incorporating creative movement practices and common sense biomechanics.
- Learn how to utilize directions of movement, bony landmarks and fascial continuities to boost your creativity every time you teach!
Concepts & Techniques
- Discover open/closed chain spinal articulation regressions and progressions to enhance your students' "inner GPS" system.
- Learn how the Pilates Deconstructed™ exercise called “The Wave” can help you and your students embody the spine/pelvis portion of the semicircle.
- Develop glute/hamstring activation while exploring differentiation of the lumbo-pelvic hip complex.
- Uncover the fascial connections of the diaphragm, iliopsoas, and quadratus lumborum.
- Understand the concept of scaption as a prerequisite for maintaining integrity of the shoulder girdle in the semicircle.
- Gain an understanding of deconstruction principles that utilize footwork and knee tracking as a "kinesthetic link" to bridging with open/closed chain spinal articulations.
- Improve your proprioception of the metatarsophalangeal joint and first ray in preparation for the semicircle.
Props & Equipment Used
- Small Props
Duration & Access
This workshop is approximately 1.3 hours long and you have 30 days of access
(No expiration for Forever Access Members)