|Pricing||Free member||Forever member Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
|Breast Cancer: Training to Heal||$59||$39 Forever Members enjoy special pricing and no workshop expiration dates! If you’d like to take advantage of this special price, please add Forever Access here and then come back to this page to make your purchase. (If you have Forever Access - make sure you are logged in to make this pricing available.)|
This workshop offers 4 PMA CECs upon completion and passing of the required quiz.
(Please remember, the PMA accepts a maximum of 12 online CECs toward their bi-annual 16 CEC requirement. Details.)
Joy Puleo offers this amazing online Pilates workshop to teach you to assist your clients through a breast cancer diagnosis and treatments.
The Pilates environment is perfectly suited to supporting the healing process, regardless of injury or disease. It is particularly well positioned to assist clients through a breast cancer diagnosis and its subsequent medical journey which may include surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapies. It is also the perfect medium to help cope with all of the varied side effects which accompany each and every medical intervention. Join Joy as she explores the breast cancer journey from diagnosis to the "new normal" and how some simple, dynamic Pilates inspired movements can help clients re-establish body confidence, relieve debilitating side effects and remember that even through cancer, the body has great potential to heal.
- Understand the physical, emotional and spiritual journey that accompanies a breast cancer diagnosis.
- Learn how to train clients through each of the varied medical interventions and stages of their cancer recovery.
- Understand side effects of medical interventions and be able to develop strategies to deal with them as they present.
Concepts & Techniques
- Breath in promotion of healing as it relates to breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapies
- Free the ribcage to free the shoulder girdle.
- Whole body integrated movement in healing
Props & Equipment Used
- Small Props
- Stability Sling
Duration & Access
This workshop is approximately 2.25 hours long and you have 30 days of access
(No expiration for Forever Access Members)