Forum / Let's Discuss! / slurping%20inner%20thighs%20into%20pelvis

This topic contains 6 replies.
By Message
Sally M
On: April 08, 2015 18:57 PM
Would you mind elaborating on this cue? Thanks much
Casey H
On: April 09, 2015 14:18 PM
Hi Alesia, Thanks for the question. This is not only a great visual cue ( the femur or the inner line of the leg as a straw or a vacuum) but it is also right on the money as far as correct biomechanics go! The Obturator internus has very distinct fascial connections to the muscle below it ( Adductor Magnus) and the muscles above and next to it ( the pelvic floor). The Fascia of the obturator internus is what the Levator Ani muscle group of the pelvic floor essentially hangs on. So when you ask your clients to draw ( or slurp) their upper inner thighs into their pelvis it will resonate. They may need to shed away gripping around the sitz bones, pubic bone etc to find this engagement of the upper inner thigh to the pelvis. You might also need to use a few props to help them find it. Let us know how your clients like this cue. Love Jen
Insa W
On: June 30, 2015 13:59 PM
what props would you use to teach this cue....hard to find for me
Casey H
On: June 30, 2015 23:37 PM
Hi Heather, My favorite way to find this is with the Overball of course. The client should be in a supine position with the Overball or Mikasa ball right above the knee. When you ask the client to find their corset activation ( slurping the inner thighs into the pelvis) start to gently pull the ball towards their kneecaps ( as if you might pull it out) This will give them a counter pull to the corset activation they are finding. This counter pull will create a deeper activation and awareness of the upper inner thigh and pelvic floor. You can also do this on the reformer but have the ball between the feet during footwork. As they begin to straighten their legs and press the carriage out, gently tug the ball towards their toes. This will turn on the inner thighs and pelvic floor connection. Let me know how these go for you. Love Jen
Jennifer G
On: July 01, 2015 08:22 AM
These are my favorite ways to cue the "slurp" with props also!
Insa W
On: July 01, 2015 08:32 AM
ok that makes sense...thanks
(You must log in post here.)