Forum / Let's Discuss! / madeline%20black:%20upper%20thorax%20workshop

This topic contains 7 replies.
By Message
alesia l
On: November 29, 2018 15:21 PM
Question: when the head turns to the right, does the clavicle on the right move back ( posteriorly), or does the clavicle on the left move back ( posteriorly)? thanks!
Madeline B
On: November 29, 2018 05:43 AM
Hi Alesia, First, the clavicle rotates posteriorly and then feels like it moves anteriorly but is actually moving back to where it started. Turning your head to the right the clavicle on the right moves posteriorly, as your turn your head to the left, the left is moving posteriorly as the right is moving anteriorly to where it started. I hope this makes sense. Place your hands on your clavicles and feel the movement! Best to you. Madeline
alesia l
On: December 02, 2018 11:59 AM
that helps! thanks much!
Carly M
On: November 19, 2019 13:17 PM
Hi Madeline- I have a few clients with thoracic outlet type symptoms and I liked your workshop for some ideas with these clients. Only thing I find is they often can't take their arm/arms overhead which most of your exercises involve any tips or experience with this? Ta Carly
Carly M
On: November 19, 2019 13:17 PM
Hi Madeline- I have a few clients with thoracic outlet type symptoms and I liked your workshop for some ideas with these clients. Only thing I find is they often can't take their arm/arms overhead which most of your exercises involve any tips or experience with this? Ta Carly
Madeline B
On: November 20, 2019 08:48 AM
Hi Carly, it is difficult to give your specific answer because I would need to see how they move the shoulder girdle in relation to the ribs and arm. I suggest moving them into their range where the scapulohumeral motion is good, stop as soon as it compromises. Always move in pain free range. It will take a little trail and error but as the tissue moves, you should see the range change. I hope this helps.
Madeline B
On: November 20, 2019 08:48 AM
Hi Carly, it is difficult to give your specific answer because I would need to see how they move the shoulder girdle in relation to the ribs and arm. I suggest moving them into their range where the scapulohumeral motion is good, stop as soon as it compromises. Always move in pain free range. It will take a little trail and error but as the tissue moves, you should see the range change. I hope this helps.
(You must log in post here.)