Forum / Let's Discuss! / Lifting%20from%20the%20Basement%20video

This topic contains 2 replies.
By Message
Stella
On: September 27, 2017 14:24 PM
Hi, I just watched the video called Lifting from the Basement , where Vicki was being taight a pre-swan exercise. I was wondering what the placement of her pelvis and her neck should be during the exercise? Thank you, Amy
sharan
On: October 12, 2017 17:40 PM
Hi Amy, Thank you for your question. While in this position there is not an anterior or posterior tilt in the pelvis. The back is long and the abdominals are pulled in and up, as though making space for a little marble to roll from one side of the waist to the other side. Also, the legs are reaching long, away from the center line of the body. The neck is long (without wrinkling the back of the neck), allowing the forehead and nose to hover over the exercise mat. When pushing up into a lifted swan position, the abdominals lift up from the mat, reaching toward the spine while the neck makes a very slight upward lift, gently lifting the chin and allowing the shoulders to reach open and away from the ears. I hope this is helpful. Please don't hesitate to write back if you have any more questions. Best wishes, Kristine
(You must log in post here.)