Forum / Let's Discuss! / Inteligent Bootcamp

This topic contains 8 replies.
By Message
Fitana579
On: January 14, 2016 01:45 AM
Hello, I love your Inteligent Bootcamp workshop and I'm just going to start practicing with my clients. I have a question though, what would be the best to add to this sort of intensive workout to make a 60 minute class. Our clients prefare one hour classes but I know this is to intense to make it for so long. Do you have any ideas? Love, Ania
anneMettee
On: January 19, 2016 14:08 PM
Hi Ania! thanks for your question. If you have one hour, you have time for a good 10 minute standing warm up. Do some standing footwork, squats, lots of movement. I would recommend you do 3 interval sets instead of 2. In between the sets, get creative with your pilates! do the stomach series, side leg kick series, swan rocking, anything from the pilates mat repertoire. Don't be afraid to slow it down a bit in between sets - varying the heart rate is great! your clients will get an awesome workout. Go for it! Anne
Fitana579
On: February 23, 2016 09:17 AM
Than you anneMettee, your suggestions are very helpful.
anneMettee
On: February 23, 2016 13:33 PM
Excellent! I'm so glad you are enjoying the bootcamp!
Bonnie_221
On: March 16, 2016 09:57 AM
Hi Anne, I own a small studio where I teach privates/semi-privates (no classes yet). A lot of my students have been asking for some cardio along with Pilates so I thought this would be an excellent addition to add a class like this during lunch time hour. My questions are: 1. Can this format be changed to 2 classes a week? 2. If I can change to 2 classes a week can I make the class 45 min long? Just wondering your thoughts on that. Maybe adding more abs and adding 3 interval sets?
anneMettee
On: April 10, 2016 16:59 PM
Absolutely, Bonnie! 45 minutes is a fabulous length of time for a lunchtime class. 3 sets and more abs is exactly what I would recommend. Adding that extra 15 minutes is a great amount of time to play with some more Pilates, like the stomach series, side leg kicks, swan rocking, etc. Have fun - sounds like you are on the right track.
Bonnie_221
On: April 11, 2016 06:50 AM
Thanks Anne! Appreciate your feedback!
anneMettee
On: April 11, 2016 10:42 AM
You're welcome! Have fun.
(You must log in post here.)