Forum / Let's Discuss! / Instructor/topic%20suggestion

This topic contains 21 replies.
By Message
Tresa
On: December 20, 2013 12:01 PM
Nancy Myers foot or gait work would greatly appreciated!
Pamela McDonald
On: December 24, 2013 18:30 PM
I agree with the above topic suggestion. Would love a footwork workshop where gait issues are addressed. Thanks!

On: March 03, 2014 14:54 PM
I would love to see a workshop focused on pilates and how to focus the work to best help breast cancer fighters & survivors.
Ryan B
On: March 24, 2014 13:16 PM
[b]Suggestions for Instructor online courses[/b] Innovative ways to use the rotator disc(s) utilizing the equipment (reformer/trap table/wunda chair) and mat work (received some ideas from Nikki's rotation workshop) want more tho! I recently viewed the podcast (Heroes in Motion) of Elizabeth Larkram on PMA. She trained several Pilates instructors how to work with injured soldiers from the war. I loved the creativity those instructors integrated into their practice! It would be very interesting to learn how Elizabeth addresses various injuries ( hip/knee/shoulder, etc) into her own practice for an online course. And learn more of those thoracic rotation exercises she taught those instructors on the podcast. Also, there is an old dvd series that Elizabeth made through Bally's Health Club. Unfortunately, those dvd's are no longer available. It would be great to have Elizabeth present that material as an online course. I believe the repertoire was designed for athletes. Pregnancy workshop for the "athlete" would be another great course! I have a pregnant client who does not want to do a lot of stretching and slow work. So any course that addressed challenging intermediate to advanced work with props, etc would be great! thanks!!

On: June 17, 2014 12:17 PM
Jen & Casey, I know that you both do work with several clients that have MS. I have a wonderful client that has transverse myelitis and she has similar symptoms of those with MS. We have been working together for a few months now and she has improved with her balance and control and she seems to really be enjoying the work. I would be very grateful for any tips or even a workshop focused on this population. I have ordered the new Pilates for MS textbook and I am excited to read through that, but deeply I value your work and opinion as well. Thanks!
Angelo G
On: June 21, 2014 19:59 PM
thanks to all - these are all going on up on the board...
Jennifer G
On: June 22, 2014 17:02 PM
Hi there Claire! I was just thinking about your client... I would highly recommend thinking about using some of the SmartSpine products as it makes the equipment more comfortable to the contours of the human body as well as adds another level of sensory perception for your client to feel and understand the movements that are being asked of them. This might greatly aid your client in moving from the inside out and garner a sense of ease in each exercise. Hope this quick response helps! Many Blessings, Casey Marie Herdt

On: June 22, 2014 19:34 PM
Hi Casey! Yes, Smart Spine is at the top of my wish list for the studio!! I hope to be able to purchase it within a few months! Thank you :)

On: November 11, 2014 20:55 PM
Love the Forever Access option now!!! I just signed up!!! I am waiting on baited breath for a workshop on all the mind blowing information I'm sure Jen came back with from Germany.

On: November 11, 2014 20:56 PM
[b]Balance Work[/b] I would also love to see a workshop on balance.

On: July 23, 2015 07:44 AM
Would there is any plans to offer a workshop on diastasis recti recovery protocol?
Angelo G
On: July 23, 2015 07:46 AM
Jen has been working for months on a live diastasis workshop she is presenting at PMA - and I have a strong feeling this will also become an online workshop at some point...

On: July 23, 2015 08:46 AM
Fantastic!!!! If she ever offers it live in Asheville, sign me up!!!!

On: September 22, 2015 21:03 PM
Hi Angelo!! How is the diastasis workshop coming along? I starting to crave some outstanding training from Jen!! ;)

On: September 22, 2015 21:11 PM
Would it be possible to bring some of the Heroes in Motion training to Fusion Pilates? I would be very interested in learning more about this training. It looks phenomenal!

On: September 23, 2015 11:53 AM
There are actually talks about this and a meeting planned for PMA to talk some more. Hopefully it will work out!

On: September 23, 2015 11:54 AM
diastasis is in process - the focus right now is on the material to be presented at the PMA Conference- but I'm pretty sure that the online version will be up and running by then (november.) stay tuned!
Dawn C
On: February 18, 2016 21:44 PM
Has diastasis workshop become available

On: February 19, 2016 09:04 AM
Hi Beth - yes that's now available - it was announced in the email blast a couple of weeks ago. Find details at: https://fusionpilatesedu.com/courses/workshops/diastasis/ Thank you!

On: February 19, 2016 09:05 AM
Sorry - that last post said not avail - it is avail!!! https://fusionpilatesedu.com/courses/workshops/diastasis/

On: August 30, 2016 11:01 AM
thank for share!
(You must log in post here.)