Forum / Let's Discuss! / Improving%20proprioception%20workshop

This topic contains 6 replies.
By Message

On: November 09, 2016 16:22 PM
This workshop is absolutely fantastic! I am not all the way through but already - after having done the hip part in session 5 - I have the feeling my body was programed in a new way! It is a different approach to alignment, that makes so much sense IN my body!! Thank you for inviting Kuan - she is wonderful!!
sangeetha
On: December 12, 2016 10:31 AM
I agree Kuan is wonderful. ITo no fault of hers I am having trouble grasping the idea of a floating C3. Is there something else that can be added to this cue that might help me better understand that concept?
cherhine s
On: November 05, 2019 14:59 PM
Hello, I really enjoyed your workshop. I have a question about the trigger points of the upper trapezius. I do not understand why the trigger point are located at the lateral end of the cheek bones. I tried to find the information in my Trigger points book but I cannot find :( I think I need your help. Thank you for your answer Best Cherhine
cherhine s
On: November 05, 2019 14:59 PM
Hello, I really enjoyed your workshop. I have a question about the trigger points of the upper trapezius. I do not understand why the trigger point are located at the lateral end of the cheek bones. I tried to find the information in my Trigger points book but I cannot find :( I think I need your help. Thank you for your answer Best Cherhine
Kuan Hui C
On: November 15, 2019 07:50 AM
Another way to approach floating C3 & C4 is to open the mouth slightly and make sure the jaw is completely relaxed. When the jaw is relaxed, it is very difficult to tense the neck, hence C3 & C4 can ‘float’.’ Kuan
Kuan Hui C
On: November 15, 2019 07:57 AM
As for the pressure point at the lateral end of the cheek bones is to release the jaw muscles. One can target below the cheek bone to release the masseter muscle, or above the check bone to release the temporalis muscle. When the jaw muscles are released, the upward trust of the cheek bone has the effect of ‘lifting’ the skull and decompressing the upper cervical, this becomes a big help to prompt the upper traps to release. Kuan
(You must log in post here.)