Forum / Let's Discuss! / Casey%27s%20Grounding%20forces%20workshop.

This topic contains 2 replies.
By Message
Terisha T
On: December 22, 2021 08:32 AM
Hi Casey...just a brief question, I am not familiar or accustomed to using blankets in the studio...how do I fold it to support the client or even myself on these movements and how do I know if it is right? I know what you mean about leg circles aggravating your SI joint...I think I am having problems with this after I fell off of a ladder in April.....and interested in learning more about properly blanketing. Probably a simple answer but thank you. Terisha
Angelo G
On: January 02, 2022 02:10 AM
Hey Terisha! This is a great question. Go by the “Goldilocks Rule” when it comes to blanketing the reformer. Find the just right combo for the task/body at hand. What you want to build is a secure, even, and fluffy pallet that your body can sink into nicely. Comfort is #1 here and every-body will have different needs on different days. For me the usual recipe is two blankets folded widely to support my whole back body with a smart spine pillow to help anchor my T8, and maybe a hand towel folded to support my low back. What you want to go for here is a real and deep relaxation of the nervous system. So get some blanets, towels, and pillows of different fullness and start to play and see what combos help to support the body and guide into into less stressed and more aligned movement. And you will know you are going in the right direction when the reaction to this comforting support gets meet with “AHHHH that’s just right.”!
(You must log in post here.)