Forum / Let's Discuss! / Ball%20for%20alignment

This topic contains 2 replies.
By Message

On: July 05, 2013 02:44 AM
Ciao I have a question about the difference the ball between the ankles or between the knees for feeling better alignment in standing and prone work For example whasher woman and swan on the chair . Thank you girls for your great work . Monica
Casey H
On: July 07, 2013 11:27 AM
Hi Monica, Thanks for all your hard work and great questions! You were the first to get the new pregnancy fascia workshop that launched yesterday. I cannot wait to hear what you think! The ball between the upper inner thighs or lower inner thighs ( avoid placing at the knee joint) or between the feet acts as a Place Holder and as a tool to activate the tissue. We want to use the props to create awareness and to support our cueing. A lot of the time our verbal cueing doesn't do the trick. So just saying "feet hip distance apart " or " lift the inner thighs" is not enough because the client cannot sense what we are asking them for. So the ball gives them feedback and acts as a virtual coach. As Marie Jose always says " When the body feels it knows" This idea is the whole inspiration behind her SmartSpine products and it goes for any of the other props we use. By supporting the body and giving it something to reach into we start to wake it up and educate it and our verbal cues start to resonate with the clients. You want to be careful about using a ball in the inner thigh area on an exercise that calls for flexing and extending the hips, knees and ankles because the ball will block the natural bone rhythms of the legs. On Washer Woman or Swan, the ball in the inner thighs is fine. The ball in between the feet is always ok and we use this all the time on the reformer during footwork with the Overball. Please let me know if you have anymore questions . Love, Jen
(You must log in post here.)