Forum / Let's Discuss! / SmartSpine%E2%84%A2%20Teach%20

This topic contains 13 replies.
By Message
Angelo G
On: June 01, 2015 08:52 AM
Please feel free to discuss the course, share experiences, and ask questions here!
Jennifer G
On: June 01, 2015 18:08 PM
Awesome! Thank you Angelo! I have to say I was so happy to jump right into the first three treatments of "MJ's" protocol, and it worked beautifully on a client that has what I call "wandering pain" and misalignment.... So fun! Miss all of you already! And my body feels great after all the work we got to do on each other! What a treat! Much Love, Casey
Marilyn Payne
On: June 07, 2015 12:18 PM
Agreed Casey! For the first time, I was able to very clearly and distinctly cue a client into more awareness of her lumbar spine by asking her to bring her low abdominals into the heat in a four point kneel - a beautiful correction took place without the usual displacement somewhere else that would often happen when I tried other methods - an aha moment indeed - and I'm looking forward to exploring the many ways MJ's amazing props will turn on the light bulb for both me and the clients with whom I'm working :) Thanks to everyone for a stimulating and informative 4 days!!
Pippa P
On: June 17, 2015 20:52 PM
I share both of your enthusiasm! I have been exploring the protocols with my clients, and with very positive results and feedback. For those of my clients who struggle with expanding the breath into the back and side ribs, I've implemented the SmartSpine "Breathing into the Back.... Restoring Rib Mobility" and WOW!! Clients can really feel the expansion after this and has been a powerful teaching tool to help them feel and experience it. There have been many other aha moments as well, and I'm truly enjoying experimenting with the props on myself and clients. I was thrilled to be part of the workshop, learning from MJ as well as working with/getting to know all of you! Cailin
Jennifer G
On: June 19, 2015 07:51 AM
So amazing, effective, and concise! I love what we do ladies.... always so much to learn and experiment with! Love, Casey Marie
Charisse H
On: July 12, 2015 20:04 PM
I've been in a SmartSpine world--and loving it--since leaving the SmartSpine intensive workshop you hosted with Marie-Jose the end of May. The exposure has made a tremendous impact on my teaching, my clients as well as my own body. It has helped me understand alignment and movement in ways I've never seen or experienced before. If you offered a re-cap workshop, I would sign up in a heartbeat! I recall you discussing some video footage you shot with MJ before the start of the weekend with the work that would be covered. I'd love to refresh myself on what was presented and have looked throughout your website to locate it. Was that a video recorded strictly for attendees of the workshop? Has that been offered yet? Thank you, Jen and Casey, for hosting this outstanding event at your studio, as well as Marie-Jose, for traveling across the country to share your truly life-changing work with us. It was a pleasure meeting and working with this particular group of teachers--so supportive and generous in their sharing. I look forward to meeting up again in Asheville again before too long! Lest I forget, my clients love, love, love the SmartSpine! I watch them leave the studio grinning, and I sense a peace about them they didn't have when they walked in :-)
Casey H
On: July 16, 2015 08:07 AM
Hi Lisa, Thanks for sharing all this. The work is amazing. And you are right, we had the best group of instructors at the workshop. The future of our industry lies in those compassionate, skillful and creative women and men who attended. Angelo is hard at work editing MJ's SmartSpine video. We are hoping within 2 months it might be out. You should schedule some privates with either Casey and I and come up for some work. That would be awesome. We will keep you posted on anything else that comes up. Love, Jen
Casey H
On: July 16, 2015 08:09 AM
Yikes! I meant Casey and me!!! Love, Jen
Jennifer G
On: July 16, 2015 18:31 PM
I can't wait for the SmartSpine workshop to be released on the website either! What a wonderful weekend... We are so lucky to do what we do, and have such an INCREDIBLE wealth of knowledge in MJ at our fingertips. I am so grateful! Love, Casey
Charisse H
On: July 16, 2015 20:01 PM
Great, I will be patient and look forward to it! Working with you and Casey is a great suggestion to refresh and reinforce what I learned during the SmartSpine workshop. What would be the best way to get something scheduled? By phone or email? I'd like to make it a day trip and possibly work two hours with you and and one with Casey. I hope we can get something on the calendar that would work for all of us. Thank you!
Angelo G
On: July 20, 2015 09:05 AM
Hi Lisa, Give Eliza a call and she can get you set up! 828.333.4611
Charisse H
On: October 18, 2015 14:21 PM
I completed MJ's online SmartSpine workshop and appreciated the opportunity to view her again doing hands-on work with Jen. It's helped fine-tune my work with the SmartSpine and offered some new techniques not covered in the workshop in May or on the DVD. Today I was in the studio playing with the foot protocol using the wedges, then the tubbies and finally the SmartSpine, all in a seated position. I've been practicing standing and supine foot protocol and have felt some good results, but after working seated, the experience suggested that I was missing out on the work and was not ready for standing or supine. I had the most amazing foot connection with the rest of my body and was quite fatigued as I took my new feet to the reformer and proceeded with the footwork series. I was somewhat surprised (and I say 'somewhat' only because MJ never ceases to amaze me with how subtle and deep her work is) to feel even more work than I usually do, making it a point to pay special attention to my 1st and 5th rays (I did not think to use the jump board but, I plan to next time) feeling my feet connecting to my body with an intensity I've never felt before. Thank you so much for producing this video. It's been a tremendous support!
Casey H
On: October 27, 2015 09:11 AM
Hi Lisa, That is incredible feedback. It is really something what can start taking place in our bodies once we start to pay attention. The Smartspine is a gateway for this type of awareness. Thanks for all your detail and for sharing all of this. Love Jen
(You must log in post here.)