Forum / Let's Discuss! / Pre-Natal%20Pilates

This topic contains 3 replies.
By Message
Angela
On: April 24, 2014 18:28 PM
A Personal Trainer has a 5 months pregnant friend who practices Yoga and is currently, interested in Pilates. I am a bit unsure if I should take her on as a new client due to never practicing Pilates prior to pregnancy. I have viewed the pre and post videos by Jennifer, but would like other opinions on this matter. Sincerely, Wendy
Casey H
On: April 25, 2014 11:20 AM
Hi Wendy, This is a tough call and depends on the expectations of your new client. I would have a talk with her on why she wants to start pilates at this stage and what she is wanting to gain. If the answer is more awareness on body position and sensing the subtle changes in positions and firing patterns then she may be in the right mind set to start with you. Even though she may have a athletic yoga workout that should not be transferred to what you do with her in pilates. You should concentrate with her on Core Training and subtle body movements. You should be preparing her for what she will have to endure during labor and then having the awareness to build her strength progressively after delivery. If you work with her in this manner things will go well. You might want to check out our online workshop " Pregnancy Reformer--Fascial Lengthening and Strengthening" If you go to the Pre/post natal Tab you can access it on our site. Let me know if you have any questions. Love, Jen
Angela
On: April 25, 2014 13:11 PM
Jennifer, Thank you so much for your quick response and advice. I plan on taking your online workshop to get a better understanding of Pregnancy Reformer work. If I have further questions I will be sure to contact you. Sincerely, Wendy Ellis
(You must log in post here.)