Forum / Let's Discuss! / Posture%20Pillow

This topic contains 6 replies.
By Message
Michele
On: March 21, 2014 09:13 AM
Casey and Jen, Thanks so much for introducing me and my students to the posture pillow. Everyone who has tried the pillow has really enjoyed it. I do have a couple of questions regarding the use of the pillow. 1). How and when to use the pillow? 2). Is there any downside to using the pillow? 3). Would it ever be considered "cheating" to use the pillow? I'm thinking the answer is NO, because the pillow is assisting is spinal alignment, which is a critical component to any pilates movement. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Sarah
Angelo G
On: March 24, 2014 12:09 PM
Hi Sarah, We just got a response from MJ on this. She has just finished creating a new short manual on the Pillow and said she can share that with you soon. It answers all these questions (and probably more). We'll ping you here when we have some more info on it! Best, Angelo
Casey H
On: April 10, 2014 20:07 PM
Hi Sarah, MJ has finished her brochure on the details of the Posture Pillow. We will have it on our site soon. I agree, the Posture pillow is a must have in the studio. With all the misalignments of our modern day bodies the Posture Pillow really helps to bring the bones into place without gripping and rigidity. And as MJ always says " When the body feels it knows." This pretty much sums up her teaching in a nut shell. She creates an environment where her student can feel the right position so that eventually the body can recall it and recreate it without the propping or in another position. Verbal cues alone just don't cut it. The Posture pillow is a great example of this. Let us know how your clients continue to do on it and if you have any questions about MJ's SmartSpine Posture Pillow information. Love Jen
Angelo G
On: May 12, 2014 10:50 AM
Hi Sarah, Sorry this took so long - but we now have a downloadable pdf manual for the posture pillow that I think you'll find most useful. You can download it at: http://www.fusionpilates.com/products-page/props/smartspine-posture-pillow/ Hope this helps!
Sara c
On: July 27, 2019 08:00 AM
Hi everybody, I also use the pillow in my studio as MJ teaches....I tryed to follow the link you posted to download the manual, but the page cannot be found....is the manual still available? I really would be happy to learn it. Kind regards. Sara
Angelo G
On: July 27, 2019 14:47 PM
Hi Sarah - unfortunately that was back in 2014 and we no longer have access to that pdf. Feel free to visit SmartSpine's website to contact them!
(You must log in post here.)