Forum / Let's Discuss! / Hands machanics

This topic contains 3 replies.
By Message
Margherita_637
On: October 18, 2017 08:27 AM
Hi! I just completed the Pilates Hands Mechanics workshop that I found really interesting and inspiring! Using correctly the hands during a workout is of course important, but in case of pathologies like arthritis or osteoarthritis there are exercises to avoid ? I have few clients with the Raynaud syndrome, do you think that all the release and warm up work can help them? In case of pain in the wrist due to a old trauma/accident all the sequences proposed are indicated? Thanks in advance! Margherita
JenniferGianni
On: October 24, 2017 14:05 PM
Hi Margherita, It is great to hear from you! I have clients with Raynaud syndrome too and the release work is wonderful for them. In the case of an old injury , it will be a client to client evaluation on what exercises and sequences might not work. Be conservative at first and always communicate with your client as you introduce the work. For clients with arthritis, there may be a number of the sequences that may not work well . Be very careful of the arm bounces with the varied positioning. I would start with all the release work and then build from there. Love Jen
Margherita_637
On: October 26, 2017 11:01 AM
[QUOTE="JenniferGianni, post: 757, member: 2"]Hi Margherita, It is great to hear from you! I have clients with Raynaud syndrome too and the release work is wonderful for them. In the case of an old injury , it will be a client to client evaluation on what exercises and sequences might not work. Be conservative at first and always communicate with your client as you introduce the work. For clients with arthritis, there may be a number of the sequences that may not work well . Be very careful of the arm bounces with the varied positioning. I would start with all the release work and then build from there. Love Jen[/QUOTE] Hi Jennifer! Thanks for your precious suggestions and cues! Margherita
(You must log in post here.)